The global food and beverage market is constantly changing and relies on a complex supply chain. Add new customer demands and regulations regarding traceability, quality management, and inventory control, and your business needs to access and report on an array of data in real-time.
SAP Business One customers are winning in the food and beverage industry because they use SAP Business One to:
- Comply with strict industry standards and GMP guidelines, including FDA, EMA, BRC, IFRA, and GHS
- Manage shelf life and expiry dates by tracking byproducts, co-products, yield, wastage, shelf life, expiry date, FIFO, and FEFO
- Track materials backward and forward from vendor to customer
- Calculate costs with flexible, multilevel margin calculations per article, production order, and batch
- Eliminate waste and minimise delays with advanced quality controls on raw materials and components
- Improve planning, communication, and responsiveness with advanced scheduling and production controls
- Make faster, more informed decisions with real-time reporting, dashboards, and alerts
- Easily integrate with subsystems such as SCADA and LIMS
Effective inventory controls, warehouse management, and recall features are built into SAP Business One, not bolted on as an afterthought. SAP continuously incorporates these features and functions into the product because SAP Business One was developed as a comprehensive business management software solution that handles all forms of operational data.
Huy Fong Foods Automates Distribution Operations with SAP Business One
California-based Huy Fong Foods simplified end-to-end supply chain operations by consolidating five systems into just one: SAP Business One. The intuitive nature of the software enabled the company to implement its ERP using only non-technical staff.